This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] 2/3: Fix crash on self-looping DW_OP_fbreg
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 12:30:01 -0400
- Subject: Re: [patch] 2/3: Fix crash on self-looping DW_OP_fbreg
- References: <20080428083732.GB12394@host0.dyn.jankratochvil.net> <20080501202903.GR22218@caradoc.them.org> <20080504131403.GA26995@host0.dyn.jankratochvil.net>
On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 03:14:03PM +0200, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> On Thu, 01 May 2008 22:29:04 +0200, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > OK. Do we need a cleanup for this though? If we error out, we won't
> > get back until we create a new context, so missing the decrement
> > is not a problem.
> I find it too fragile relying only on the current callers of DWARF_EXPR_EVAL.
> There may be a hard to catch bug after someone wraps some part of the code by
> CATCH_EXCEPTIONS and expects DWARF_EXPR_CONTEXT passed into the
> CATCH_EXCEPTIONS block will stay uncorrupted afterwards.
> Attached a discouraged simplified patch not using the exception system.
Thanks. Could you please commit this version?