This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] Disable child VMA randomizations
- From: Mark Kettenis <mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl>
- To: jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 17:13:58 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [patch] Disable child VMA randomizations
- References: <20080607195343.GA10039@host0.dyn.jankratochvil.net>
> Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 21:53:43 +0200
> From: Jan Kratochvil <email@example.com>
> the processes map their addresses randomly by default. It can make the
> debugging inconvenient as varous addresses are different on each run.
> This feature was suggested by Jakub Jelinek. One can also already wrap whole
> GDB by a script calling: setarch `uname -m` -R
This really should be moved to a linux-nat.c.