This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[patch] Set calling convention of methods
- From: Jonas Maebe <jonas dot maebe at elis dot ugent dot be>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 21:51:00 +0200
- Subject: [patch] Set calling convention of methods
In attachment is my patch to set the calling convention for methods.
Since the calling convention cannot be defined using stabs, I've
hardcoded "0" there (which means that nothing changes compared to the
past). Maybe that should rather be some constant? If so, where should
it be defined?
The patch is against the "archer" branch of Archer (not the master
branch as I wrote earlier), but it applies cleanly against CVS head
with only a bit of fuzz (and compiles). I have tested it in Archer in
combination with an improved version of my Borland fastcall patch
(which Mark Kettenis kindly offered to review) and some small changes
in p-exp.y, and can successfully call both regular and virtual Free
Pascal methods with it that use the Borland fastcall calling convention.
2009-04-06 Jonas Maebe <email@example.com>
Set the type.type_specific.calling_convention field for methods.
* gdbtypes.h (smash_to_method_type): Add calling_convention parameter.
* gdbtypes.c (smash_to_method_type): Set method calling convention
on calling_convention parameter.
* dwarf2read.c (dwarf2_add_member_fn): Pass calling convention to
* stabsread.c (read_type): Pass 0 (== default) as calling convention to
Description: Binary data