This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC] Special casing dtors?
- From: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Keith Seitz <keiths at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 21:54:45 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Special casing dtors?
- References: <49CAB139.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <49D3FCC9.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thursday 02 April 2009 00:46:17, Keith Seitz wrote:
> Can you apply the attached patch to your tree and try again?
Since this stabs patch in now in HEAD, I've redone the testing. I
confirm that with this patch installed, your original patch doesn't
introduce any new failures on the templates.exp test on
stabs --- gcc 4.2, or head. Yay!
> So, I guess my position is that since stabs is so darn broken any way,
> we might as well apply the patch and deal with the fallout. At least
> then we'll know (and hopefully document) WHY all this special casing of
> dtors is necessary.
On my end, your original patch is clear to go in.
> PS. I still don't understand how you are getting DWARF2 failures. I've
> run these tests on gcc 4.2.0, 4.2.4, 4.3.2, and 4.4.0, and NONE of those
> compilers demonstrate any failures after the patch; they all fail BEFORE
> the patch is applied. I guess I'll deal with this next.
This must be a miscomunication. I never said I was getting DWARF
failures. I just re-confirmed that your original patch does remove
the dtors kfail in templates.exp on dwarf.
-KFAIL: gdb.cp/templates.exp: destructor breakpoint (PRMS: gdb/1112)
+PASS: gdb.cp/templates.exp: destructor breakpoint