This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] print error message if (auto) disassembly failed
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 16:22:16 -0600
- Subject: Re: [RFA] print error message if (auto) disassembly failed
- References: <20090416173918.GP7557@adacore.com>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Joel" == Joel Brobecker <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Joel> (FWIW: I did not realize that GDB would now print the current assembly
Joel> instruction by default when the change came in. I don't think that's
Joel> a useful default based on my own usage, but no big deal)
The default is "auto", which means:
If AUTO (which is the default), or there's no line info to determine
the source line of the next instruction, display disassembly of next
instruction instead. */
But I agree with you that this is the wrong default.
I think the default should be "off".