This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] Fix a buglet in elfread.c
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Frank Middleton <f dot middleton at apogeect dot com>
- Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 10:04:43 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch] Fix a buglet in elfread.c
- References: <20090430164806.7DED819C4E1@localhost>
> 2009-04-30 Paul Pluzhnikov <email@example.com>
> * elfread.c (elf_symtab_read): Don't assume .data and .rodata
> are present.
I remember facing this exact same type of issue on Tru64. I haven't
had a chance to look at the patch yet, but I'll try to get to it soon.
I also want to test it on x86 & sparc solaris.
(although, theoretically, it should be sufficient to test it on
a system using ELF such as GNU/Linux)