This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [DWARF/RFC] end-address overflow in location description entry
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 06:05:41 +0100
- Subject: Re: [DWARF/RFC] end-address overflow in location description entry
- References: <20101109193527.GI2811@adacore.com> <20101109194201.GK2933@adacore.com>
On Tue, 09 Nov 2010 20:42:01 +0100, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> Here is the actual patch (lacking comments, but this is only for
> experimenting). If we decide to handle this situation, I'll add
> proper comments.
FYI it seems correct to me, GDB should be relaxed on input.
Such DWARF does not conform to DWARF-4 2.6.2 Location Lists.
For sanity checking DWARF there is a separate tool under development
- dwarflint, by Petr Machata, dwarlint is a part of elfutils.