This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RFC: implement DW_OP_GNU_implicit_pointer
- From: Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 13:18:01 +0100
- Subject: Re: RFC: implement DW_OP_GNU_implicit_pointer
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, 2010-11-22 at 14:16 -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:
> This patch implements DW_OP_GNU_implicit_pointer. This is a new GNU
> extension to DWARF that lets debuginfo refer to a synthetic pointer that
> points to content which itself is computed via some DWARF expressions.
> If you are on dwarf-discuss, the description is in the archives. Since
> the archives are closed, I won't link to them. AFAIK there's no truly
> public description of this feature.
There is http://dwarfstd.org/ShowIssue.php?issue=100831.1
Although I don't know if that is a permanent URL.