This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch 1/3] Implement support for PowerPC BookE masked watchpoints
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- To: Thiago Jung Bauermann <bauerman at br dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com, brobecker at adacore dot com
- Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 17:29:20 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch 1/3] Implement support for PowerPC BookE masked watchpoints
- References: <1290548544.3164.37.camel@hactar> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <1290864564.3009.45.camel@hactar>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
> From: Thiago Jung Bauermann <email@example.com>
> Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
> Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 11:29:24 -0200
> I just wanted to make sure that you're happy with the wording in this
> +* When locally debugging programs on PowerPC BookE processors running
> + a Linux kernel version 2.6.34 or later GDB supports masked hardware
> + watchpoints, which specifiy a mask in addition to an address to watch.
> + The mask specifies that some bits of an address (the bits which are
> + reset in the mask) should be ignored when matching the address accessed
> + by the inferior against the watchpoint address. See the "PowerPC Embedded"
> + section in the user manual for more details.
I'm okay with it, but please put a comma after "or later".
> and also with the new "Changed commands" section that I added.
This section is fine.