This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Don't install gdb.PYTHONDIR if -nx
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: dje at google dot com (Doug Evans)
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 14:38:19 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Don't install gdb.PYTHONDIR if -nx
- References: <20101129003949.502FC246199@ruffy.mtv.corp.google.com>
>>>>> "Doug" == Doug Evans <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Doug> I don't entirely like the patch, it's extending -nx into
Doug> new territory, e.g., -nx controlling whether certain commands
Doug> are available or not. It shouldn't matter, from the user's
Doug> perspective, whether the commands are implemented in python.
I agree. In particular I think it is reasonable to want to use python
commands from a batch script, but such a script is likely to use -nx.
Doug> However, the only other alternative I can think of is to
Doug> add a new option, and I'm guessing that's unacceptable.
I think it would be fine to add one.
Either way I think the documentation needs to be updated.
Jan pointed out that this is PR 12227.