This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 22:38:29 -0700
- Subject: Re: remote-sim.h
- References: <42696E6D-92F3-4F66-B2C9-D79C76B12D2F@comcast.net> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Oct 31, 2011, at 8:54 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
>> +#if BFD_ARCH_SIZE <= 32
>> typedef unsigned int SIM_ADDR;
>> +typedef unsigned long SIM_ADDR;
>> typedef CORE_ADDR_TYPE SIM_ADDR;
> i'm guessing you're creating a 64bit simulator. this setup won't work when
> building on a 32bit system as unsigned long will still be 32bit. i wonder if
> bfd_vma would be appropriate as a default instead, but i'm not sure of the
> exact purpose of that type ...
Indeed, bfd_vma would work just fine for me. (I only have 64-bit pointers, and only have one target).