This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] testsuite: MI: racy results in async mode (PR testsuite/12649)
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Marek Polacek <mpolacek at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 17:25:28 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch] testsuite: MI: racy results in async mode (PR testsuite/12649)
- References: <20111027101544.GA5288@host1.jankratochvil.net> <CADPb22SeaD5Tv9gqnvc45Riv3ZMW=9bAW2F-S164QNBLEV=C3Q@mail.gmail.com>
On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 16:40:02 +0100, Doug Evans wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 3:15 AM, Jan Kratochvil <email@example.com> wrote:
> > The fix is ugly but it cannot be done better before there is a generic MI
> > client parser deployed for the testsuite.
> What does "generic MI client parser" mean in this context?
Something what have the regular MI clients (like Nemiver from what Dodji said
and I expect most/all the others).
That is a stateful parser which automatically stores away async responses,
something like XML parsers are but for MI. Either callbacking GDB on found
elements or storing the elements and providing lookup API into them.
Keith said he wrote something like that in TCL but it never got accepted.
Unfortunately it needs to be in TCL to be compatible with the testsuite.