This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] testsuite: MI: racy results in async mode (PR testsuite/12649)
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- Cc: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Marek Polacek <mpolacek at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 11:25:45 -0600
- Subject: Re: [patch] testsuite: MI: racy results in async mode (PR testsuite/12649)
- References: <20111027101544.GA5288@host1.jankratochvil.net> <CADPb22SeaD5Tv9gqnvc45Riv3ZMW=9bAW2F-S164QNBLEV=C3Q@mail.gmail.com>
>>>>> "Doug" == Doug Evans <email@example.com> writes:
Jan> The fix is ugly but it cannot be done better before there is a generic MI
Jan> client parser deployed for the testsuite.
Doug> What does "generic MI client parser" mean in this context?
Right now MI parsing in the test suite is done in an ad hoc manner.
E.g., see mi_create_breakpoint.
It would be more robust if we had an MI parser in Tcl so that we could
parse the output as clients do.
As far as I know nobody is planning to actually do this though.