This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] Increase the bar of printing `handling possible serial event'
- From: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Yao Qi <yao at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 19:41:30 +0000
- Subject: Re: [patch] Increase the bar of printing `handling possible serial event'
- References: <4EBB6ED6.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thursday 10 November 2011 06:27:34, Yao Qi wrote:
> When I debug gdbserver by setting debug_thread to 1, I get many lines
> of `handling possible serial event' in log, which dose not carry any
> useful information for debugging purpose.
> This patch is to increase the threshold of printing this sentence. Or we
> may remove this print completely, because I can't figure out a case
> some one wants to read many lines of `handling possible serial event'
> in log.
I've found it more than once very useful when debugging non-stop/async mode
issues, where the order of serial and target events isn't predictable,
and knowing when a packet was just handled can help figure out
following weird behaviors.
If it bothers so much, I could go with outputting it only when non_stop is
on. Just bumping is not good, because you can't set debug_thread to anything
other than 1 or 0 without recompiling gdbserver, and that's not good when
asking users for logs.