This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] PR symtab/13277: Resolving opaque structures in ICC generated binaries.
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: John Steele Scott <toojays at toojays dot net>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 00:57:41 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch] PR symtab/13277: Resolving opaque structures in ICC generated binaries.
- References: <4E9A6F3C.email@example.com> <20111019084011.GA9326@host1.jankratochvil.net> <4EA3E995.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20111026221057.GA24628@host1.jankratochvil.net> <4EBFB451.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 18:18:49 +0100, Tom Tromey wrote:
> >>>>> "John" == John Steele Scott <email@example.com> writes:
> Jan> There is one problem that -gdwarf-4 (-fdebug-types-section)
> Jan> .debug_types units do not contain DW_AT_producer and GDB currently
> Jan> does not try to inherit it from the referencing .debug_info
> Jan> sections.
> Jan> But latest icc still does not support DW_AT_producer and I am not
> Jan> sure if it would use the declaration form inside .debug_types
> Jan> anyway.
> John> I don't follow this paragraph. Did you mean something other than
> John> icc? I'm using ICC 12.0.4, and it's definitely setting
> John> DW_AT_producer. I don't see it outputting any .debug_types section
> John> though, it seems to only emit dwarf2.
> I think maybe he meant .debug_types in that second paragraph where he
> wrote DW_AT_producer. Or maybe I just don't understand as well :)
Sorry, there should have been "latest icc still does not support -gdwarf-4"
(and therefore .debug_types and therefore this whole problem I was talking
P.S. I am mostly offline these two weeks, please check in the patch of mine if