This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RFC: don't set the pspace on ordinary breakpoints
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: tromey at redhat dot com (Tom Tromey)
- Cc: pedro at codesourcery dot com (Pedro Alves), gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 19:31:19 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: RFC: don't set the pspace on ordinary breakpoints
Tom Tromey wrote:
> >>>>> "Ulrich" == Ulrich Weigand <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Ulrich> Sorry for the delay; I wanted to test your patch on Cell to make
> Ulrich> sure it doesn't regress in the scenario bp_startup_disabled was
> Ulrich> introduced to fix.
> It is no problem.
> Ulrich> Unfortunately, I've been blocked by a number of SPU regressions
> Ulrich> that make results on Cell currently bad anyway, see e.g.
> Ulrich> http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2011-11/msg00437.html
> Ulrich> http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2011-11/msg00439.html
> Ulrich> I'm still planning on doing the run once SPU is stable again.
> Ok. I will wait for that then.
OK, I've now completed a run with your patch in the situation where
bp_startup_disabled was necessary (stand-alone SPU executables on
a Cell/B.E. system). Everything still works fine.
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE