This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [1/3] RFC: add static_assert macro
- From: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 15:09:08 +0000
- Subject: Re: [1/3] RFC: add static_assert macro
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wednesday 16 November 2011 19:58:42, Tom Tromey wrote:
> In the absence of comments I plan to check this in.
> This adds a static_assert macro to gdb_assert.h and changes some code in
> MI to use this rather than a runtime check.
> I just noticed this in passing, and it seemed like a good cleanup.
> Static checks, when possible, are preferable to dynamic ones.
Looks like a good idea to me.