This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 35/358] Fix -Wsahdow warnings
- From: Stan Shebs <stanshebs at earthlink dot net>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 16:35:30 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 35/358] Fix -Wsahdow warnings
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 11/22/11 5:25 AM, Andrey Smirnov wrote:
- struct symtab_and_line sal;
+ struct symtab_and_line las;
While clever and amusing, this is probably a bad idea for the long run; without any comment explaining it, some future hacker is really really going to want to change it back to "sal", and when enough time has passed, no one will remember why they should object. Better to use something dull and predictable like "sal2".