This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Notes on -Wshadow patches
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- To: Andrey Smirnov <andrew dot smirnov at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, brobecker at adacore dot com, mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl, tromey at redhat dot com
- Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 08:07:42 -0500
- Subject: Re: Notes on -Wshadow patches
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
> From: Andrey Smirnov <email@example.com>
> Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org,
> Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 19:27:22 +0700
> If there's something I'm missing, and the inclusion of ChangeLog
> contents in a diff is unavoidable, let me know, and I will make
> appropriate changes.
Doesn't git support generation of ChangeLog entries from commit
messages? I thought it did. If it does, you should be able to
generate ChangeLog entries automatically.
> * Some statistics
Thanks for the footwork.
> - At least 1 in 3 detected conflicts was a conflict of either type ALBW or
> BWHD, both of which, I hope we can all agree, are either
> unintentional mistake or a hack too clever for it's own good, which
> makes the later editing of the code into "Operation" game.
I actually think that both ALBW and BWHD are perfectly valid C code,
and neither unintentional mistakes nor "too clever hacks". The only
type of clashes that should be fixed are TYP2.