This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 034/238] [misc.] Fix -Wshadow warnings.
- From: Andrey Smirnov <andrew dot smirnov at gmail dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 19:17:34 +0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 034/238] [misc.] Fix -Wshadow warnings.
- References: <4ECC3FD2.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20111205113032.GK2777@adacore.com>
On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 6:30 PM, Joel Brobecker <email@example.com> wrote:
>> ? ? ? * breakpoint.c (update_static_tracepoint): Rename `sal' to
>> ? ? ? ? ? `sal2'(-Wshadow).
> Looks OK to me. But Pedro might comment on the new variable name
This name change was suggested by Stan, see
Initially it was sal->las which probably isn't better, so I'll wait
for some consensus to arise on this patch too.
> (weird mis-alignment of the ChangeLog, but I assume that'll be fixed
> by the time it gets inserted in the ChangeLog file).
I have to edit ChangeLog by hands anyway, so the diffs for it are just
the relics of how I initially made commits. To answer your question:
yes it'll either be fixed or I erroneously weirdly mis-align it even