This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] MIPS: Atomic sequence emulation branch decoding fix
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 23:37:09 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] MIPS: Atomic sequence emulation branch decoding fix
- References: <alpine.DEB.email@example.com> <20111205105959.GE2777@adacore.com>
On Mon, 5 Dec 2011, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> > 2011-11-22 Maciej W. Rozycki <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > gdb/
> > * mips-tdep.c (deal_with_atomic_sequence): Fix the handling
> > of BLTZ* and BGEZ* instructions.
> I'm just going to have to trust you on this one... Please go ahead
> and commit.
Well, barring wading through the mips.com web site to get the right
architecture spec (the best and authoritative reference is the REGIMM
minor opcode map in the "MIPS32 Instruction Set" manual, doc #MD00086,
table A.4) you could always check mips-opc.c in opcodes (search
"0x0[4-7].[0-3]...."). There aren't really that many instructions using
the REGIMM major opcode -- except from branches covered here, there are
also traps and SYNCI.
Applied now, thanks.