This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[committed] Darwin: tune complaint message
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org ml" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 10:11:02 +0100
- Subject: [committed] Darwin: tune complaint message
currently machoread emits a message if a debugging stab is found. However, some darwin system libraries have N_OPT stabs, which triggered the complaint. They aren't anymore considered as debugging stabs with this patch. Also the complaint message now contains the objfile name.
Committed on trunk.
2011-12-07 Tristan Gingold <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* machoread.c (macho_symtab_read): Do not consider N_OPT as
a debugging stab. Improve complaint message.
diff --git a/gdb/machoread.c b/gdb/machoread.c
index f5e9ce7..a566d97 100644
@@ -230,9 +230,16 @@ macho_symtab_read (struct objfile *objfile,
else if (sym->flags & BSF_DEBUGGING)
+ if (mach_o_sym->n_type == N_OPT)
+ /* No complaint for OPT. */
/* Debugging symbols are not expected here. */
- _("Unexpected debug stab outside SO markers"));
+ _("%s: Unexpected debug stab outside SO markers"),