This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC/WIP PATCH 02/14] Mask software breakpoints from memory writes too
- From: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 21:32:40 +0000
- Subject: Re: [RFC/WIP PATCH 02/14] Mask software breakpoints from memory writes too
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tuesday 13 December 2011 21:24:24, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Pedro Alves <email@example.com> writes:
> > 2011-12-06 Pedro Alves <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > gdb/
> > * breakpoint.c (breakpoint_restore_shadows): Rename to ...
> > (breakpoint_xfer_memory): ... this. Change prototype. Handle
> > memory writes too.
> > * breakpoint.h (breakpoint_restore_shadows): Delete.
> > (breakpoint_xfer_memory): Declare.
> > * mem-break.c (default_memory_insert_breakpoint)
> > (default_memory_remove_breakpoint): Use target_write_raw_memory.
> > (memory_xfer_partial): Rename to ...
> > (memory_xfer_partial_1): ... this. Don't mask out breakpoints
> > here.
> > (memory_xfer_partial): New.
> > (target_write_raw_memory): New.
> > * target.h (target_write_raw_memory): New.
> That completely breaks gdb on powerpc. Breakpoints cause gdb to infloop.
Got a backtrace showing the loop? It'd be really helpful.