This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] SYS_gettid
- From: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Yao Qi <yao at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 17:42:17 +0000
- Subject: Re: [patch] SYS_gettid
- References: <4EE6B494.email@example.com>
On Tuesday 13 December 2011 02:12:36, Yao Qi wrote:
> This patch does two things
> 1) include <sys/syscall.h> in which SYS_gettid is defined, otherwise
> helper_thread_id has no change to set, and in-proc-agent will go to
> endless loop (in tracepoint.c:gdb_ust_init).
> 2) remove preprocessor conditional. If SYS_gettid is not defined,
> compiler can emit an error, which is better than leaving
> helper_thread_id unset and get an error at runtime.
> With this patch, program doesn't hang there at start up. OK for mainline?
This is the only little platform specific bit I left in
tracepoint.c, and lo, it breaks. :-)