This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: the -Wshadow patches...
- From: Andrey Smirnov <andrew dot smirnov at gmail dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 10:32:17 -0800
- Subject: Re: the -Wshadow patches...
- References: <20111217150933.GB21915@adacore.com>
On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 7:09 AM, Joel Brobecker <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I agree with the patches that have been approved, but I am wondering
> if it is a good idea to apply them now. ?The one thing that I am
> worried about is that they might make merging of changes into the 7.4
> branch harder. ?So, unless it fixes an actual bug, should we delay
> them until 7.4 is released (another 2 weeks or so, if things go well).
With all the changes related to the shadowing from system headers dropped,
I don't have any patches ready for submission anyway (need to add
cause description). So it would be the easiest thing in the world for me
to take my time and spend two weeks preparing next batch.