This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [0/17] RFC: share minimal symbols across objfiles
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 10:36:48 +0400
- Subject: Re: [0/17] RFC: share minimal symbols across objfiles
- References: <email@example.com>
> The other major problem with this patch is that it makes it clear how
> the BFD cache is fundamentally confused.
> In sum, it is a mess and I am not sure what to do about it. Mapping all
> the needed debug sections is possible, but slow, and in the
> multi-inferior case that seems to be a recipe for running out of memory.
> (But we can run out of memory anyway and probably need some approach for
> fixing this...)
I don't see a way out of this without involving BFD. If we could
register for notifications for a given bfd, I think it would allow
us to stay informed of what BFD has, so far, been doing behind