This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [3/17] clean up allocate of BFD filenames
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 10:39:40 +0400
- Subject: Re: [3/17] clean up allocate of BFD filenames
- References: <email@example.com>
> Currently BFD filename allocation is kind of a mess. Generally they are
> xmalloc'd, but sometimes they are not.
> This patch tries to clean it up by adding a new function that
> reallocates the filename on the BFD's obstack. This synchronizes the
> lifetime nicely and means we don't have to separately decide when to
> free the filename.
I only skimmed through the patch, but I like the idea of it. Nice!