This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch+7.4] reread.exp 7.3->7.4 regression
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Pedro Alves <alves dot ped at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 07:48:07 +0400
- Subject: Re: [patch+7.4] reread.exp 7.3->7.4 regression
- References: <20111218115343.GB22534@host2.jankratochvil.net>
> this patch should be tested on ARM, I do not yet have some ARM testing
> environment (I probably could build one).
Unfortunately, I don't have an arm environment either. Perhaps
> As I believe the patch above is not suitable for the 7.4 branch
> offering at least this very ugly patch which breaks ARM functionality
> on rereads but it at least does not break ARM-unrelated arches.
Yeah, I'm a little concerned by your patch. I might be OK putting it
in the branch, but I'd rather not do that until we have found a proper
fix on the head.
Have we explored the idea of not registering the arm_exidx_data_free
routine? We'd leak some memory, but the way I read arm_exidx_new_objfile,
it wouldn't be very much except maybe when dealing with arm object files.