This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] gdb_gcore man/help/install [+doc] #2
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 07:38:27 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch] gdb_gcore man/help/install [+doc] #2
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20111206002555.GA12329@host2.jankratochvil.net>
>>>>> "Jan" == Jan Kratochvil <email@example.com> writes:
Jan> From the practical point of view with the goal to generate only the
Jan> nroff .1 format I think the choice is clear from nroff, pod and
Jan> texinfo. The most simple format for maintenance is pod. Therefore
Jan> I did not use texi2pod at all.
Thanks. I think it seems fine.
We still need an info node for invoking gcore.
Jan> Another approach would be some reorganization of gdb.texinfo to
Jan> generate also some huge man page from it but I do not plan to do so
I looked a little at using texi2pod but it seemed a bit daunting, as the
organization is pretty different. (The man page wouldn't have to be
enormous, but it does require extra markup and I think the ordering
might have to change.)