This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Updated path expression computations for varobj trees
- From: Keith Seitz <keiths at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gp >> \"gdb-patches at sourceware dot org ml\"" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 09:46:55 -0800
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Updated path expression computations for varobj trees
- References: <4EEBCC7D.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 12/20/2011 07:23 AM, Tom Tromey wrote:
"Keith" == Keith Seitz<firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Keith> * lib/mi-support.exp: Expand comments about PATH_EXPR.
Keith> (varobj_tree::get_path_expr): Assume that all varobjs are
Keith> compound unless they are known simple types.
Keith> Adjust path expressions based on parent type, path parent type,
Keith> and tree language.
Keith> (varobj_tree::walk_tree): Add LANGUAGE parameter and save it into
Keith> the root varobj.
Keith> (mi_walk_varobj_tree): Add LANGUAGE parameter.
This is ok.
I'm not super fond of the type regexp thing, but I suppose we can always
enhance it more later if need be.
I am not very fond of it, either, but let me see if I can fiddle with it
one more time. I've thought of something that might work.
I'll send a note to the list one way or the other.
Thank you for taking a look.