This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch 1/2] Make gdbtui a shell script
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Sergio Durigan <sdurigan at redhat dot com>, Kai Tietz <ktietz at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 10:25:14 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch 1/2] Make gdbtui a shell script
- References: <20111221114641.GB25652@host2.jankratochvil.net>
>>>>> "Jan" == Jan Kratochvil <email@example.com> writes:
Jan> Fedora has been using gdb<->gdbtui hardlink but according to Tom
Jan> argv should not be used. GNU Coding Standards IMO do not say
Jan> exactly this thing.
>From '(standards) User Interfaces':
Please don't make the behavior of a utility depend on the name used to
invoke it. It is useful sometimes to make a link to a utility with a
different name, and that should not change what it does.
Instead, use a run time option or a compilation switch or both to
select among the alternate behaviors.