This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch 2/2] Do not build libgdb.a by default
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Sergio Durigan <sdurigan at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 10:26:59 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch 2/2] Do not build libgdb.a by default
- References: <20111221114720.GC25652@host2.jankratochvil.net>
>>>>> "Jan" == Jan Kratochvil <email@example.com> writes:
Jan> with the default build of only "gdb" after [patch 1/2] it no longer
Jan> makes much sense to build *.o -> libgdb.a and then libgdb.a -> gdb.
Jan> Use *.o files directly for gdb. libgdb.a build is still supported
Jan> for its rare users, it is just not built by the default rule.
Thanks. This seems like a sensible compromise approach to me.
I am in favor of it.
Jan> By no longer using *.a some duplicate files have started to break
Jan> ld. Patch removes these duplicities. I believe some
Jan> configurations get broken this way but their fix will be easy.
Turn over a rock...