This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] gdb_gcore man/help/install [+doc] #2
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 21:47:25 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch] gdb_gcore man/help/install [+doc] #2
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20111206002555.GA12329@host2.jankratochvil.net> <email@example.com>
On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 15:38:27 +0100, Tom Tromey wrote:
> >>>>> "Jan" == Jan Kratochvil <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Jan> From the practical point of view with the goal to generate only the
> Jan> nroff .1 format I think the choice is clear from nroff, pod and
> Jan> texinfo. The most simple format for maintenance is pod. Therefore
> Jan> I did not use texi2pod at all.
> Thanks. I think it seems fine.
> We still need an info node for invoking gcore.
In such case we have to drop the pod idea and write the man page in texinfo.
(Unless we want to write it twice - in texinfo and in pod - but that does not