This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: FYI: minsyms documentation
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 08:44:16 +0400
- Subject: Re: FYI: minsyms documentation
- References: <email@example.com>
> Today I decided to try to document the minsyms API more or less the way
> I would like APIs to be documented in general. This patch implements
> that; it move documentation from function definitions to minsyms.h, adds
> an introductory comment about minsyms there as well, and it rearranges
> the header into a more logical order.
OK. Let's move in that direction. I think it makes sense, the API should
tell the developer how it expects to be used. Keeping the "See header"
comment is important too, IMO, makes it easier to verify that a given
function is in fact documeted or not.