This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA/commit] Improve gdb_realpath for Windows hosts
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 19:31:10 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFA/commit] Improve gdb_realpath for Windows hosts
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
> From: Joel Brobecker <email@example.com>
> Cc: Joel Brobecker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 21:14:44 +0400
> * utils.c (gdb_realpath): Add better support for Windows hosts.
> Tested on x86-windows. Any objection to this?
Looks good to me. Although there's a subtle semantic difference
between `realpath' on Posix platforms and GetFullPathName: the former
requires the file to exist, while the latter does not. But I reckon
we handle this somewhere...
Did you test this with UNC file names?