This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH][PR guile/17247] Block SIGCHLD while initializing Guile
- From: Doug Evans <xdje42 at gmail dot com>
- To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- Cc: Ludovic CourtÃs <ludo at gnu dot org>, guile-devel <guile-devel at gnu dot org>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 15:04:16 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][PR guile/17247] Block SIGCHLD while initializing Guile
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <m31trwv5o1 dot fsf at sspiff dot org> <834mwsh2nu dot fsf at gnu dot org> <CAP9bCMTNsoi6AhQxJtzjc6=o9iHi8TXkX32OiKbArAuAnsjZUQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <8338ccgj78 dot fsf at gnu dot org> <87ppffabw8 dot fsf at gnu dot org> <83y4u3flr2 dot fsf at gnu dot org> <87r3zv71qy dot fsf at gnu dot org> <83vbp7fer3 dot fsf at gnu dot org>
On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 10:10 AM, Eli Zaretskii <email@example.com> wrote:
>> From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Ludovic CourtÃs)
>> Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
>> Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2014 18:18:45 +0200
>> Eli Zaretskii <email@example.com> skribis:
>> > Perhaps we should request GC and Guile to provide capabilities to
>> > disable threads at run time, then.
>> I donât think we need to go this far: reading the recent discussions, it
>> seems Doug found a way to make sure Guileâs and libgcâs internal threads
>> donât receive signals that GDB is interested in, which should be enough
>> for practical purposes.
> That's just the tip of an iceberg, I'm afraid.
In the interests of seeking clarification early and clearly, can you elaborate?
I'm not saying there aren't issues, I'm just wondering if you have
anything specific that you are thinking of.