This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v2] Rename 32- and 64-bit Intel files from "i386" to "x86"
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 15:06:50 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] Rename 32- and 64-bit Intel files from "i386" to "x86"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1409576744-15249-1-git-send-email-gbenson at redhat dot com> <1409660648-2804-1-git-send-email-gbenson at redhat dot com> <20140902122820 dot GA13324 at blade dot nx>
On 09/02/2014 01:28 PM, Gary Benson wrote:
> Gary Benson wrote:
>> I found three more files that needed renaming.
>> Updated patch inlined below.
>> I will reply to this message with a "git diff -M" version.
> "git diff -M" version as promised.
Thanks, that helps.
I like this. Getting these little details
consistent throughout should make it for reading/grokking the
code base a little easier. Fewer surprises should mean happier
Given that when we last discussed this naming convention on the
list (*), objections were addressed and no further
objections came around, I think we should go right ahead
before this bit rots.
* - https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2014-06/msg00931.html