This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v3 1/2] Only leave dprintf inserted if it is marked as persistent (PR breakpoints/17012)
- From: Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com>
- To: GDB Patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 10:13:28 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 1/2] Only leave dprintf inserted if it is marked as persistent (PR breakpoints/17012)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1408734315-21207-1-git-send-email-simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com>
On 14-08-22 03:05 PM, Simon Marchi wrote:
> On Linux native, if dprintf are inserted when detaching, they are left
> in the inferior which causes it to crash from a SIGTRAP. It also happens
> with dprintfs on remote targets, when set disconnected-dprintf is off.
> I believe that the rationale of the line I modified was to leave dprinfs
> inserted in order to support disconnected dprintfs. This adds a check to
> see if the dprintf should actually stay inserted or not.
> bl->target_info.persist will be 1 only if disconnected-dprintf is on and
> we are debugging a remote target. On native, it will always be 0,
> regardless of the value of disconnected-dprintf. This makes sense, since
> disconnected dprintfs are not supported by the native target.
> New in v3:
> * Follow-up Pedro's review
> * Remove == 1 for check on boolean.
> PR breakpoints/17012
> * breakpoint.c (remove_breakpoints_pid): Only skip removing
> dprintf if it is marked as persistent.
> gdb/breakpoint.c | 2 +-
> 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
> diff --git a/gdb/breakpoint.c b/gdb/breakpoint.c
> index 683ed2b..01e9b36 100644
> --- a/gdb/breakpoint.c
> +++ b/gdb/breakpoint.c
> @@ -3110,7 +3110,7 @@ remove_breakpoints_pid (int pid)
> if (bl->pspace != inf->pspace)
> - if (bl->owner->type == bp_dprintf)
> + if (bl->owner->type == bp_dprintf && bl->target_info.persist)
> if (bl->inserted)