This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix gdb.dwarf2/dwz.exp for thumb mode
- From: Yao Qi <yao at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 19:03:59 +0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix gdb.dwarf2/dwz.exp for thumb mode
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1409706936-11220-1-git-send-email-yao at codesourcery dot com> <CADPb22QyvC5tCZNiYxXSY=J5k3C8dDmH_5n9d9rm2ybu-Eg7Xw at mail dot gmail dot com>
Doug Evans <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> This approach is fragile w.r.t. clang.
> IIUC, Clang makes no guarantees about the ordering of global asms and
> other objects, or even other objects w.r.t. each other (even at -O0).
Doug, how about compile main.c to execution first, get the address of
main, write this address down to dwz.S, and recompile main.c with dwz.S
again. I assume that debug information changes doesn't affect the
location of .text section and main's address.