This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH, nds32] Exclude building gdb for nds32*-*-* target.
- From: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- To: Chung-Ju Wu <jasonwucj at gmail dot com>, Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Wei-Cheng Wang <cole945 at gmail dot com>, Kuan-Lin Chen <kuanlinchentw at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 08:51:23 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, nds32] Exclude building gdb for nds32*-*-* target.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CADj25HPBucRuGhD6GrHfJct5cibNrcZ5FuGn67CB5o6zYXrdyw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 9/5/2014 2:13 AM, Chung-Ju Wu wrote:
> Hi, gdb & binutils maintainers,
> Currently the nds32 port for gdb is still under contribution process.
> So the gdb has not been supported yet for --target=nds32*-*-*.
> It would be good if we can disable gdb before nds32 port for gdb is ready.
> The attachment is the patch of configure.ac and I use autoconf 2.64
> to regenerate configure. But I notice some inconsistent changes between
> configure.ac and configure. Looks like there was something wrong on
> previous commit 1f995db6ad2c9325a8db45b73fea29c8ab9200e1 ... and I just
> accidentally fix it in this patch when regenerating configure. :p
> The plain text ChangeLog is as below, is this patch OK for commit?
> 2014-09-05 Chung-Ju Wu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * configure.ac (nds32*-*-*): Disable gdb.
> * configure: Regenerated.
It looks like the part for not building gdb for or1k*-*-rtems* gets moved
by this patch. I know there was an issue with the initial submission of
Your patch appears to correct that also. I thought the properly regenerated
configure had been committed. But I guess not.
I am OK with the patch since or1k-rtems is in the same place but wanted
to note that the generated file had extra stuff in it for a good reason.
> Best regards,
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research & Development
joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35805
Support Available (256) 722-9985