This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH, nds32] Exclude building gdb for nds32*-*-* target.
- From: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Chung-Ju Wu <jasonwucj at gmail dot com>, Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, Wei-Cheng Wang <cole945 at gmail dot com>, Kuan-Lin Chen <kuanlinchentw at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 14:10:22 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, nds32] Exclude building gdb for nds32*-*-* target.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CADj25HPBucRuGhD6GrHfJct5cibNrcZ5FuGn67CB5o6zYXrdyw at mail dot gmail dot com> <5409BFDB dot 9020801 at oarcorp dot com> <20140905170010 dot GA28404 at adacore dot com>
On 9/5/2014 12:00 PM, Joel Brobecker wrote:
>>> 2014-09-05 Chung-Ju Wu <email@example.com>
>>> * configure.ac (nds32*-*-*): Disable gdb.
>>> * configure: Regenerated.
>> It looks like the part for not building gdb for or1k*-*-rtems* gets moved
>> by this patch. I know there was an issue with the initial submission of
>> that change.
>> Your patch appears to correct that also. I thought the properly regenerated
>> configure had been committed. But I guess not.
>> I am OK with the patch since or1k-rtems is in the same place but wanted
>> to note that the generated file had extra stuff in it for a good reason.
> We really should regenerate configure first, and then apply Chung-Ju's
> patch next. There will come a day when we will be reverting that
> patch, since hopefully GDB will be building for that target, one day.
> We don't want the revert to accidently also revert the bits that
> that resync configure with present-day configure.ac.
Please regenerate it and commit it. I posted asking for that a few weeks
ago. It is a top level configure and someone who touches it more routinely
should do it.
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research & Development
joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35805
Support Available (256) 722-9985