This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: eliminate deprecated_insert_raw_breakpoint. what's left.
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: brobecker at adacore dot com (Joel Brobecker)
- Cc: palves at redhat dot com (Pedro Alves), gdb-patches at sourceware dot org (GDB Patches)
- Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 23:48:48 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: eliminate deprecated_insert_raw_breakpoint. what's left.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Joel Brobecker wrote:
> > procfs.c: dbx_link_bpt = deprecated_insert_raw_breakpoint (target_gdbarch (), NULL,
> > This is only compiled if SYS_syssgi is defined, which I believe means
> > MIPS IRIX. Do we still care about MIPS IRIX?
> > solib-irix.c: base_breakpoint = deprecated_insert_raw_breakpoint (target_gdbarch (),
> I would be surprised if anyone still cared about IRIX anymore.
> I enjoyed working on that system, but I no longer have access
> to it, so can't support it anymore.
I see that IRIX seems to be in "Retired Mode" as of 12/31/2013:
Do we have a current process to formally obsolete/remove support
for old systems?
[ I guess another candidate to remove might be Alpha OSF/1 ... ]
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU/Linux compilers and toolchain