This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: eliminate deprecated_insert_raw_breakpoint. what's left.
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>, Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>, GDB Patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 16:50:35 +0100
- Subject: Re: eliminate deprecated_insert_raw_breakpoint. what's left.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201409101445 dot s8AEjILM007935 at d06av02 dot portsmouth dot uk dot ibm dot com> <54106C61 dot 7040400 at redhat dot com>
On Wed, 10 Sep 2014, Pedro Alves wrote:
> Meanwhile, I'd prefer removing deprecated_insert_raw_breakpoint
> now rather than keeping it just for IRIX. I may send a
> best-effort-but-untested patch for IRIX. If things break, it'd be
> the job of whoever shows up as wanting to maintain IRIX to
> fix and modernize things further. WDYT?
FWIW I have no objections to this plan. I wonder if there's anything
special here actually or if it's just that nobody bothered to convert this
code to using `create_internal_breakpoint' or suchlike.