This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [IRIX] eliminate deprecated_insert_raw_breakpoint uses
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>, Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>, GDB Patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 15:43:58 -0700
- Subject: Re: [IRIX] eliminate deprecated_insert_raw_breakpoint uses
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201409101445 dot s8AEjILM007935 at d06av02 dot portsmouth dot uk dot ibm dot com> <54106C61 dot 7040400 at redhat dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1409101639030 dot 27075 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <54107860 dot 6060301 at redhat dot com>
> I think I understand this enough now. See patch below, which
> gets rid of that loop completely.
Thanks for walking me by memory lane :-)
> Untested, of course.
I found an IRIX machine that's still up and running, and I was able
to rebuild it. Unfortunately, two issues occured:
1. I had to make insert_breakpoint_locations non-static;
2. GDB now SIGSEGV-s when starting a program:
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x10163180 in bpstat_stop_status (aspace=0x108b97b0, bp_addr=268791248,
5536 b->ops->check_status (bs);
The problem is that b->ops is NULL. I can continue investigating,
but I have this feeling that this is just a waste of time, since
I strongly suspect that IRIX support is going to be removed
a couple of weeks from now (I can start the procedure if you'd like).