This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [IRIX] eliminate deprecated_insert_raw_breakpoint uses
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>, Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>, GDB Patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 20:27:12 -0700
- Subject: Re: [IRIX] eliminate deprecated_insert_raw_breakpoint uses
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201409101445 dot s8AEjILM007935 at d06av02 dot portsmouth dot uk dot ibm dot com> <54106C61 dot 7040400 at redhat dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1409101639030 dot 27075 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <54107860 dot 6060301 at redhat dot com> <20140910224358 dot GS28404 at adacore dot com> <5410D83E dot 3070401 at redhat dot com>
> Blah. Probably due to wiping the solib breakpoints in
> the so_ops->handle_event() handler.
> If you have the patience, could you try quickly commenting out
> the remove_solib_event_breakpoints call in solib-irix.c and retrying?
Small glitch that got me kicked out of the machine, but I eventually
manage to run that experiment, and I was able to debug again.
"info shared" after starting a program gave the same list of
> > I strongly suspect that IRIX support is going to be removed
> > a couple of weeks from now (I can start the procedure if you'd like).
> That'd be super and much appreciated!
OK - I will add that to my list and try to get to it tomorrow.
I don't think I'll be as specific as Dan was, if that's OK.
I think I'll just announce the impending removal of support
for mips-irix and alpha-tru64 in GDB. We can figure out what
to remove when we get there...