This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v3] Introduce remote_target_is_gdbserver
- From: Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com>
- To: <lgustavo at codesourcery dot com>, <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 15:33:00 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] Introduce remote_target_is_gdbserver
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1410447276-21821-1-git-send-email-simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com> <5411C969 dot 9050107 at codesourcery dot com>
> Just a thought but... is there a specific reason we need to check for
> gdbserver explicitly as opposed to checking for a remote debugging stub
> It sounds more appropriate to leave remote stub-based testing as generic
> as possible, in which case "is_gdbserver" wouldn't be needed.
Good point, but I'd rather not address this in the current patch. I don't
want to change the test itself, but just make the check available to other
Ultimately, I want to use it in this patch  where I really want to check
for GDBserver. I want to KFAIL a test only when using gdbserver, due to a
known bug in gdbserver.