This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v8] Clarify GDBSERVER use in linux-waitpid.c
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 11:05:32 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v8] Clarify GDBSERVER use in linux-waitpid.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5410523B dot 8020305 at redhat dot com> <1410516221-19088-1-git-send-email-gbenson at redhat dot com>
On 09/12/2014 11:03 AM, Gary Benson wrote:
> Pedro Alves wrote:
>> Sorry, but now that I see it, IMO the end up resulting code
>> doesn't really look better than what we already have. :-/
>> We end up with #ifdef GDBSERVER anyway, so might be best to
>> either leave this be until we come up with a complete solution.
> Ok, how about this:
> This commit makes linux-waitpid.c include common-defs.h. GDB's
> inclusion of defs.h is removed, but gdbserver's inclusion of
> server.h remains to support some gdbserver-specific debug code
> that cannot presently be merged. A new FIXME documents this.
> * nat/linux-waitpid.c: Include common-defs.h.
> [GDBSERVER]: Add FIXME comment.
> [!GDBSERVER]: Don't include defs.h or signal.h.
> (linux_debug) [!GDBSERVER]: Remove empty block.