This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: time to workaround libc/13097 in fsf gdb?
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Doug Evans <xdje42 at gmail dot com>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 13:14:36 +0100
- Subject: Re: time to workaround libc/13097 in fsf gdb?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAP9bCMRko50FiANwa+h2FadG-k6Me69N04F+Le-bUnTVLQYKuQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <5411CFAE dot 7040805 at redhat dot com> <20140912115452 dot GA5626 at host2 dot jankratochvil dot net>
On 09/12/2014 12:54 PM, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 18:37:02 +0200, Pedro Alves wrote:
>> Also, we know the address of the vDSO/gate (symfile-mem.c). Can't
>> we use that to match instead of the name?
>> ISTR having seen a patch that does that, but I can't seem to find it.
> Re: [patch+7.5.1] Work around PR libc/13097 "linux-vdso.so.1" #3
> Message-ID: <20121125181505.GA26194@host2.jankratochvil.net>
> It is pending/unreviewed/unapproved.
Ah, yeah, I think that was it.
I was more inclined to leave the vdso in the shared library list
though, like ldd does, than filtering it out. Like, similar to
your gdbarch_solib_file_not_found_is_ok patch, but look at the
addresses rather than filenames in the hook. I'm not sure
whether that'd complicate things too much.
> Also I am not sure it is really still an issue on latest upstream glibc, it is
> not an issue on Fedora 21 x86_64 glibc with the reproducer from:
> (That is old Fedoras workarounded it in glibc, then some Fedoras exposed the
> issue in GDB but now it is not visible - so either Fedoras workaround it again
> or just upstream glibc switched/workarounds it also.)