This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] after gdb_run_cmd, gdb_expect -> gdb_test_multiple/gdb_test
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Edjunior Barbosa Machado <emachado at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>, Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 10:10:51 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] after gdb_run_cmd, gdb_expect -> gdb_test_multiple/gdb_test
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1410490007-19756-1-git-send-email-emachado at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <5412C3F0 dot 9000703 at redhat dot com> <20140912130051 dot GA4871 at adacore dot com> <5412F714 dot 3040500 at redhat dot com> <20140912135012 dot GC4871 at adacore dot com> <54130176 dot 1070208 at gmail dot com> <541310E1 dot 5000806 at redhat dot com>
> > I'm writing a test that converts all gdb_run_cmd -> gdb_expect
> > cases to avoid this from spreading further.
> Patch pasted below.
Thanks Pedro. I started reviewing it, and then switch to scanner-mode
half way through. It looks great!
> In a2-run.exp I converted one vxworks path, but left the others
> in place... I'm tempted to nuke most of that vxworks stuff
> out of the testsuite. Does anyone still care about it?
I suspect no one does. I even suspect that no one even cares
about whatever old version of vxworks is supported by GDB.
IIRC, that code pre-dates my involvement in the GDB project,
which started around 2001.