This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCHv4,Hurd] Add hardware watch support
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat dot com>, bug-hurd at gnu dot org, thomas at codesourcery dot com, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 12:59:17 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCHv4,Hurd] Add hardware watch support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140912182911 dot GF3202 at type dot youpi dot perso dot aquilenet dot fr>
On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 08:29:11PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> 2014-09-06 Samuel Thibault <email@example.com>
> Add hardware watch support to gnu-i386 platform.
> This allows to get the "watch" command keep native code execution.
> * gdb/gdb/gnu-nat.c (inf_threads): New function.
> * gdb/gdb/gnu-nat.h (inf_threads_ftype): New type.
> (inf_threads): New declaration.
> * gdb/gdb/i386gnu-nat.c: Include "x86-nat.h" and "inf-child.h".
> [i386_DEBUG_STATE] (i386_gnu_dr_get, i386_gnu_dr_set,
> i386_gnu_dr_set_control_one, i386_gnu_dr_set_control,
> i386_gnu_dr_set_addr_one, i386_gnu_dr_set_addr, i386_gnu_dr_get_reg,
> i386_gnu_dr_get_addr, 386_gnu_dr_get_status, i386_gnu_dr_get_control):
> New functions
> (reg_addr): New structure.
> (_initialize_i386gnu_nat) [i386_DEBUG_STATE]: Initialize hardware i386
> debugging register hooks.
This is now OK. I double-checked that Samuel does have a copyright
assignment on file, so Thomas is good to go for pushing the patch in
if he approves as well. If Sergio has any further comment on the patch,
we can address them as followups.